Wednesday, March 30, 2011

57th Thankful Thursday: more simple delights and a simple chocolate chip spiced pumpkin cookie recipe

Today, I took time to enjoy an hour-long nap (!--really, that never happens), watched cedar waxwings munch on crabapples, and baked cookies (another activity I haven't done in months).  I'm so glad I did--I feel more relaxed and ready to take on tomorrow.

The cookies, chocolate chip and spiced pumpkin, require just three ingredients and are totally yummy.  I just plop the dough on the cookie sheet, hence the rugged appearance, but feel free to make yours smooth.  These cookies are more cake-like than they are chewy.

This week:  What simple delights rejuvenate you?





chocolate chip and spiced pumpkin cookies
recipe from my mom's friend, who got it from Weight Watchers

1 ready-made spice cake mix
1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
1 12 oz bag semi-sweet chocolate chips       I used jumbo-sized chips


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Mix the cake mix and pumpkin puree together until clumpy, then add the chocolate chips and mix together until the cake mix and puree are thoroughly blended.  Dump spoonfuls of cookie dough onto a large cookie sheet (greased or covered with parchment paper) and bake for 15 minutes*, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean of dough and cookie bottoms are just browned.  Makes ~50 smallish cookies.  


*I live at an altitude of around 6,500 feet above sea level.  If you live substantially lower than that, expect your cookies to cook faster.  

2 comments:

  1. Wow, those cookies sound so good! Might have to do some baking tonight myself... :)

    My greatest simple delights this week are sunshine and blue skies, and walking into a clean room in my house. I love feeling uncluttered!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Kate! Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I love soaking in sunshine and feeling the warmth spread over my body. Thank you, and have a totally wonderful weekend!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)