Friday, March 11, 2011

54th Thankful Thursday: Family... isn't it about... time?

This week I've been on Spring Break.  I set a goal to do something fun every day, and have so far kept it.  I don't think I've ever had a "break" where I've felt so good about how I've used the time.  This afternoon I told Mom that, while I haven't gotten everything done, I've gotten the most important things done--and I can go back to school "at peace with myself" ready to get back to work.


I laugh every time.  :)  

Some highlights from the past few days:


--Going to church with my grandma in Wyoming
--Two awesome hours talking with my dad driving home from Wyoming (I've missed those talks so much)
--Time, several hours, spent solely with Mom
--Creating Fort Razzennah in our basement with my youngest sister and playing Phase 10 inside it
--Walking our dog Molly and breathing in clean air
--Going to breakfast with an aunt and finding out I'm not the only one who tends to "rush" to fulfill major decisions
--Getting pedicures with my next youngest sister
--Going to my favorite (United States) Indian restaurant with my family, and listening to the quotes my next youngest sister has saved in her phone, watching her laugh so hard she cried.  :)

And perhaps the greatest blessings from the past few days: loving relatives who remind me to step back, re-evaluate, and slow down. 

This week: What do you love about being with your family, or what is an experience you had with your family you treasure?

2 comments:

  1. YAAAAY!!!!! hahahahaha that video was great XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, cutie bug! :) I'm so glad you liked the video. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)