Thursday, March 3, 2011

53rd Thankful Thursday: Maps, guides, and compasses

This past school year I've been working through an interesting curriculum in how to navigate the map of life.  Last Fall I had an experience where what I thought was best for me wasn't, and I had to re-chart my plan of action using what I knew at the time.  Good things resulted, and I learned a lot.

Now I feel like I've been gently turned around to a path I'd crossed out, being told it is the best direction for me to go.  Yet all I see in front of me is thick, thick fog.  Sometimes in the distance sunlight seems to shine onto possibilities--yet that's all they are: hazy prospects.  

I feel completely uncertain about what's going to happen, and yet totally assured because I trust the source of my guidance.  For me, there is no greater or more perfect compass than God.  

I am grateful for peace even when I don't know my destinations.

This week: Who or what is a guide or compass you are grateful for?

2 comments:

  1. My mom. She seriously knows everything and whenever I feel lost or confused or unsure, she can give me ideas that help me find the best path in that situation. I hope things work out for you, Ivy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina, it means SO MUCH to me that you take the time to read and comment on my posts! THANK YOU!!! Moms are awesome. I talked to my mom on the way to the ranch today, and I feel so, so much better about walking into the fog right now.

    Thank you!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)