Sunday, March 20, 2011

Three cows in the kitchen ;)

That may have been the coolest blog title I've ever written.  :)

Three summers ago at my grandparent's ranch, I discovered the most awesome ice cream scoop ever: a Holstein cow handle with a stainless steel scoop.  My grandma gave it to me, and I took it to college.  It became one of my favorite mementos of home and a reminder not to take myself too seriously.  (Who could, looking at that cheesy grin?)

This past summer after I found my current apartment, I thought it would be fun to have my own cookie jar.  Somehow, "cookie jar" became a "cow cookie jar" to complement my ice cream scoop.  And to top the deal, it had to come from the DI (my favorite thrift shop).

For seven months, I occasionally wishfully thought about that hope.  And in the meantime, I happened upon a cow ladle rest at Ross's for $2.

Then last night I found it.  I happy danced right there in the store.  Sure, it's not an official cookie jar, but it will function perfectly as one, and I couldn't imagine a better shape.

I have my perfect ceramic cow cookie container...  now to just find some yummy cookies to fill it.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)