Thursday, March 17, 2011

55th Thankful Thursday: Simple delights to lift the spirit

This week has been filled with small and simple things that have lifted my spirits.  I'm posting some below, and hope you'll add some of your own.  I love when another person lifts the veil from my eyes so I can see the delight hidden all around.  :)

PS I've posted a Youtube video that touched me this week below

--Watching and listening to children laughing and playing during recess
--Green sprigs of grass poking up through cement canyons in the sidewalk
--Hearing squirrels bicker
--The blessed, wonderful smell of rain-kissed air
--Twittering birds in tall skeletous trees


--Friends to chat with
--An unseen angel putting away the curb garbage cans
--Words of wisdom that touch my soul
--Talking with my family, text messages from my family
--Jumping with both feet into puddles
--Letters in the mail
--Indian leftovers for dinner during a hectic week
--Basking in the colored glow of my living room after turning off the main light but before turning off the Christmas lights
--Finding joy through serving others
--Beautiful music
--Finding answers to my prayers
--Finding a lost relative during family history research (FIRST ONE EVER!!!  I'm so totally thrilled!!!)
--Gorgeous gray, blue, white and purple clouds filling the sky
--Making not one, but TWO goals during human foosball ('twas awesome!)
--Shriveled, delicate, dried red berries dangling from a brown-twigged shrub
--Feeling rain patter on my hair and stream down my face, grateful I forgot the umbrella  :)
--Walking home in a t-shirt, carrying my coat
--And... spotting DANDELION LEAVES IN A PERSON'S LAWN!!!  SPRING IS COMING!!!  :D  :D  :D

This week:  What are some small and simple delights that uplift your spirit?  


Clip from "The Tender Mercies of the Lord," given by Elder David A. Bednar of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in October 2010

2 comments:

  1. Ivy, I love your list. I, too, walked home carrying my coat and it was delightful. Also, I know the thrill of finding a lost ancestor! I'm sure he/she is thrilled, too. Thanks for your posts. They always make me smile. You have such a talent for creative descriptive writing. Oh, and happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Kimma!!! :) It means a lot to me that you read these posts and would time time to comment! (And thanks for the bday wishes!) :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)