Thursday, February 24, 2011

52nd Thankful Thursday: Gifts of Gratitude

Sunday night, I visited my junior high science teacher with several of her former students.  We gave her a book that contained thank-you notes and letters from her past students.  Her joy and gratitude were inspiring and uplifting.  I am grateful I finally thanked one of the most influential, life-changing ladies in my life.

On Monday, I arrived home from school and found a little package on my doorstop.  It contained a precious wooden box with brass finishings--from Subhash in India!!!  I was blown away.  Even more dear to me is the little note he put in it, thanking me for the work I did and wishing me well.  

Looking back at the these experiences, it is incredible that the people who taught me more than I could dream of giving to them, are actually thanking me.  I am grateful.

This week: What gifts of gratitude have touched your life, either through being the giver or the  receiver?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)