Monday, January 7, 2013

Hola de Hermana, 7-1-13


Hola mi familia asombrosa!

I AM SO EXCITED!  I actually shrieked when I read about Anna´s engagement!  And when I read about Dad´s new calling I gasped and am so grateful you are all there to support each other!  One of the most eye-opening parts of being a missionary is working closely with ward leaders, and I am so grateful you are all so close and supportive! 

Thank you so much for your emails, cards, and packages!  I´m sending notes in the mail and hope they get there soon!  I´m using my new pillowcase of loves from home and love it to pieces!



I feel like this week was a week of humbling.  We didn´t get close to putting all the baptismal fechas we had wanted to put or getting as many new investigators as we had wanted.  And for the first time in many months we didn´t have a single investigator in sacrament meeting because we had just baptized Cleidy.  So we´ve made plans for how to change so that we can better help our investigators progress and prepare for baptism.  Im also grateful for the techniques of teaching I’m learning from Hna W.  Things like how to tutor people into learning for themselves and not just talking and talking. 

The baptism was really nice.  Hermana W and I sang Come Thou Fount in Spanish, Fuente de mis Bendiciones, and it was beautiful.  But my favorite part was Cleidy and her testimony, and that she was able to share her experience with all her family members, her mother and two siblings, who haven’t wanted to learn with her. 

I can hardly believe we only have one more week of this transfer!  That means I´ll be home in just three months!  Family, I am so excited to see you and give you all hugs!  It’s almost unreal.  But I am focusing on the work here, and I need your prayers that I can continue changing and becoming better so that I can come home without regret.  Sometimes I feel like my body is just wearing down and I want to give it my all these last three months. 

I testify that you are sons and daughters of our perfect Heavenly Father!  He knows and loves you!  I testify that his angels surround us and that as we do all we can to do His will and be obedient we have his protection with us.  And that we have a great work to do, and He is there waiting to answer our prayers to help us do so. 

Random bit, after 15 months I can finally make a spanish ¨L¨ sound!!!  Hna W thought of making the chicken clucky sound where the tongue goes from the top of the mouth, slaps the bottom, and comes back up, and now I can actually do it too!  No one had ever thought of that method to teach and learn it, and I am so grateful!!! 

I LOVE YOU FAMILY!  Thank Hermana V for me for sharing Guatemala with you and give her a hug!  I can’t wait to meet her!

LOVE YOU ALL TONS!

Hermana Ivy [-]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)