Monday, January 14, 2013

Hola de Hermana, 14-1-13


Hola mi familia asombrosa!  

Estamos muy bien!  These week has been blessed.  After feeling humbled from the week before, we were very grateful that five investigators came to church yesterday.  And the family we thought we had lost we found out just needs many more questions answered.  and for the family referenced by the stake president, we are finding more and more members to help us with visits.  

Wednesday was a day of miracles.  Initiated contact with a man waiting for his car to be fixed, and it turns out he lives in an aldea (village) two minutes away from the grandparents of our convert Edy, and we had maybe the most inspired fluid lesson of the Restauration I´ve ever taught in my mission, and he told us he wants to be baptized, and he wants missionaries to visit his family and neighbors because ¨there are many people who don’t assist a church.¨ We are trying to get our leaders to send missionaries to them, but it sounds like they would need to open the area. 

That same day we had also gone to the chapel to teach a street contact the first time, and when he didn´t come, two former investigators that have been in Honduras for the past month hailed us!  And we were able to put visits with them!  That same day we were also able to meet up with the street contact at a different time and we didnt have a member.  But we also have a rule that we cant visit by ourselves with men, and we needed a member.  And I told Hna W, Ësta bien.  Vamos por la capilla, y el Señor nos dara una miembro.  And as we were walking to the chapel a returned sister missionary drove up on her motorbike!!!  BLESSINGS!  

Today we were driving back from the ruins and Hna W turned to me and asked if it´s allowed to get up and preach on the buses...  And I told her yes, it is, and I´ve almost done it a couple times.  I told her if she wanted to she had two minutes before we arrived to our stop.  So she got up, talked briefly with the bus driver, turned around and announced that we were missionaries with a very important message that God has restored his true church, and would anyone like to learn more?  Well nobody spoke up, I got up and said we also answer questions and we would be happy to help them.  And while nobody talked with us, immediately after we got off the bus we ran into the father of a pàrt member family we´ve been trying to contact for three weeks, and he said we could visit them tonight!  I told Hna W we got that blessing because she got up and spoke up on the bus.  She inspires me to be the bold missionary I always dreamed about being.  Saturday in a lesson with a very educated refined and dedicated Catholic woman that we just love, Hna W told her and her son that the Catholic church is a church of traditions, and later told me that in part of her conversion she hadn’t wanted to leave the Catholic church because she loved the traditions, and a friend told her that ordinances and covenants with authority, and not traditions, would save her.  Hna W is amazing.  I told her we would practice so that we can both testify the next time we are in a bus.  

I love you so much family!  I cant believe I´m going to see you in just three months!!!  Know that you are all doing great works, and that the Lord qualifies who He calls in His service.  

LOVE YOU ALL TONS!

Hermana Ivy [-]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)