Thursday, June 3, 2010

14th Thankful Thursday: Critters

There are bees in my beehives again!!! :) :) :)

I became a beekeeper last year (my requested birthday present: two hives + bees+ equipment). Though I wish I could say I was a professional and innately talented, I ended up killing both hives by the end of last winter... *cough*

But now the hives are populated again. Queen Beea II and Queen Betsy II seem to be doing just fine. :)

Honeybees are amazing: the most skillful engineers on earth, workhorses, craftswomen, nurses, gourmet chefs...and they would win any beauty pageant hands down.

Imagine the sun is close to setting. Imagine a lady bee landing on your finger. Imagine lifting her up to eye level, seeing the fuzzy hairs over her fine body, and seeing the sun rays catch in her and turning her the most beautiful genuine glittering amber you've ever and will ever see. Imagine her jet black globe eyes. Feeling her slight black legs as she gently moves. Watching her tiny body pulse as she breathes.

Positively breathtaking.

THIS WEEK: What little critter are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)