Monday, June 4, 2012

Hola de Hermana, 4/6/12


Hola mi familia increible!!!

ESTOY MUY FELIZ!!!  Last week I told Pte Bautista that if the Lord is willing, I want to stay in Calvario, and this week, HE TOLD ME I DON'T HAVE CHANGES THIS TIME!!!  Oh, HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!  :)  :)  :)  That will make an official 9 months here!!!  

HAPPY FIRST WEEK OF SUMMER DRUE AND HANNAH! And for Mom too!  No homework!!!  
FELIZ CUMPLEANOS MI MAMACITA! 
FELIZish SEGUNDO SEMANA DE ESPANOL HERMANITO!  ;)  
FELIZ VIDA MI PAPA!  Tenemos bendiciones en un Monton!

I got your packet of letters last week!  LOVE IT!  Hannah, your poetry is A M A Z I N G.  YOU are amazing!  Drue, I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR POKE!!!  

The first foto is Wen, our awesome friend with the amazing members who actually did all the work.  The second foto is our trio with Hma N before she was changed to another area (weren't told why) and the last foto includes our new tria with Hma G (from Honduras).  The third foto, Hna S is an AMAZING braider and has been braiding my hair like the people do here, with ribbons!!!  And I wear them with the two skirts I bought that are of indigenous material.  Oh, I LOVE it.  the first time I wore them into the store of a family of less actives we visit consistently, the two girls actually cracked up.  But people in the steets have been more receptive and smile more, and I smile more too!  It's easy to smile when you have ribbon in your hair.  :)  And when I sit on the tiny chair in front of Hna S when she does my hair, I remember Mom's love.  I'm going to learn how to braid so I can do my girl's hair too.  :)  
 
Mom, THANK YOU for writing to those families!  I am POSITIVE that you're emails are helping and will continue to touch their lives.  And I'm so grateful because these people are precious to me, and I know you're helping us establish relations with them that will last an eternity, and you're adding your additional witness that you know our Savior lives, and how families are blessed when they embrace the fullness of the Gospel TOGETHER.

I am THRILLED.   We taught a lesson to Jose and his family with Juan and Milton (pres of quorum de elderes), and after, Jose and his ENTIRE FAMILY came to the class Hna S was teaching of Hawaiian dance!!!  And members forgot themselves and their fears and did their best to befriend them, and the family left with smiles!!!  And this same lesson, another one of our investigators Alejandra ACTUALLY BROUGHT ONE OF HER FRIENDS.  Oh we are HAPPY.  My faith in weekly activities (with purposes) has been restored, and we're going to have our first English class this Saturday in the capilla at 5 pm.  :)

Also, I've been reminded from other examples how crucially important it is to ALWAYS take EVERY precaution possible to protect ourselves from giving into temptation.  In the mission we are with companions for a reason, to support and protect each other.  I love you as my family, and please continue to do all you can to support and protect each other, and FLEE from any potentially dangerous situation.  Flee also from temptors.  Solitude can be manipulated by the Adversary.  Please remember we are preparing for eternal life as a FAMILY.   Loved this reminder from Hna S, "Baptism saves us. Eternal marriage exalts us."   

I've been studying an AMAZING talk that a member gave me.  It's "El Misionero Desafiante y Testificador" by Pres Alvin R Dyer, given in Paris, France 9 abril, 1961 in a conference for Las Misiones Frances, Frances Este, Holandes.  Edited agosto 1998 Pres Croft.  It is AMAZING!  The basic idea is that the great missionaries have always testified and challenged people for baptism the mas pronto posible.  If you could please ask around or search for this talk, I REALLY want to read it in English.  

I love you all so much!!!  Thank you for your prayers!  We're continuing to focus on talking with men to find families, and I'm praying we'll be able to bring them together to baptism.  I testify Jesus Christ our Savior LIVES.  He overcame death for US.  He suffered for US so that we don't have to!   He knows and loves us!  We must choose to believe, love, and serve Him!  And we are here preparing for His glorious return.  In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
 
Love you all TONS!!!  

--Hermana Ivy [-]

PS Funny, a member called us "las Chicas Poderosas" a week or so ago.  When I found out who they are I doubled over laughing.  :)  LOVE it.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)