Monday, June 25, 2012

Hola de Hermana, 25/6/12


Hola mi familia asombrosa!!!  :)

I'm so happy!  We miss Hermana G and are now just a duo.  I love love love Hermana S.  She is amazing.  She has so many qualities that remind me of you, especially Drue and Huck, that I just love.  She finds joy in little things, and with her humor finds the light in whatever obstaculos pop up.  And she is so quick to laugh.  I'm so grateful for our time together!  

WE HIT 9 MONTHS this last Thursday!!!  I can't believe it!!!  Time goes so fast it really is like a dream, and we're trying to work as hard as we can.  I'm going to be home before we know it.  Not that I don't love you, but I can't fathom leaving.  There's too much to do!  And I'm so happy to hear that others are preparing to serve missions!  Please give Bree a HUGE hug from me!!!  We need her!  And God's children need her!

Jose's family is crawling progressively...  But we learned their son is friends with another almost-deacon in the ward, and thrilled to work with that connection.  The other mother invited their family to church and while they said they'd come, they didn't show up and we'll find out why tonight...  Please keep praying for them.

We're also teaching the family of Pablo, a 26 yr old convert.  He has two twin brothers, Hilberto and Roberto.  His parents are Aroldo and Celestina.  Hilberto is progressing faster than the others but we're trying to focus with the dad.  Actually, we think the mom already knows it's true and she's just patiently waiting for the rest of her family to get it.  Please pray for them.  They are all amazing.  

Alejandra is 22 yrs old with 3 yr old Alexandra who calls us her tias.  :)  She's come to church twice and would accept the baptismal invite no problem but we still haven't been able to meet with Manuel, her husband.  Please pray we'll be able to meet with him, he'll feel the Spirit, and want to learn with his wife.  

It's amazing what happens when you forget yourself and go to work.  I think about these people all day long.  And we're trying to receive revelation for what they need.  It's absolutely exhausting but we're so grateful for the privilege of being here.  We know we're the Lord's representatives and we have what they need.

This morning we had an amazing companion study.  I was telling Hna S the Restauration explains the What (we have profets and scriptures and church because God loves us), the Plan of Salvation explains the Why (We are God's children and He wants us to return to live with Him and become gods like Him, but we can only do so through His Son Jesus Christ.  This is why we have the Whats, to get back to God), and The Gospel of Jesus Christ explains the How (the process of repentance, and the covenants of baptism and later those in the temple).  And I felt so frustrated because while there are people just READY to accept the Whats, there are people like the Family S’s that are hung up on the details of the Whats because they don't understand the Why.  And I told her I just want to preach like thunder the Why..   And she thought for a minute, and then said, "We should ask them, "Do you love God?"  

Is there a more bold question to ask?  I LOVE it!  We can teach: you are a child of God.  He loves you.  He wants to bless you.  He gives us what you need to receive those blessings.  Now, Do you love God?  Are you willing to make the necessary sacrifices to learn for yourself that this is true?  Are you willing to make the effort, to pay the price, to receive the blessings of exaltation that He wants to give you?

Pure inspiration.  This is why God gives us companionships.  

There is an amazing MTC talk by Elder Holland, when He thunders the story of Jesus asking Peter in John 21, "Lovest thou me?"  three times.  After the death of Christ, Peter had gone back to his fishing nets, and here Christ is pulling out of Peters heart if he really loves him and will do what he needs to do.  Christ is asking Peter if he is willing to pay the price, to leave his fishing nets, to be his apostle and build His kingdom.  

And I've been remembering what Elder Amado told us in Conference.  Pay the Price.  Live each day giving your very all to our Lord and Savior.  Pay the price and make the sacrifices in order to be obedient and receive the blessings God wants to give us.  He gets up at 4 am every day and lives each day the best he can.  He exhorted us, Give up the ungodly.  Give up what we need to do receive the personal revelation God wants to give us.  It was amazing.  

And this morning: "Hermana, do you love me?  Do you really love me?  Are you willing to pay the price to feed my sheep?"  

I am so grateful.  I know this is a special time when I can give ALL my time to the Lord.  And I testify that if you prayerfully seek to know what sacrifices you need to make, and you do them, you will receive the blessings of heaven you need. 

I testify our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ LIVES!  He conquered Death for us, that we might live and through His Atoning Sacrifice be made clean.  He did this that we might live with our families forever, and be gods with God, as we repent and make and keep the necessary promises under God's power and authority, sacred contracts with Him.  And when we love Him, we are willing to pay the price, be it changing our traditions or sacrificing our lives.  In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.  

I LOVE YOU!  

--Hermana Ivy [-]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)