Monday, June 18, 2012

Hola de Hermana, 18/6/12


Hola mi familia increible!  :)


If a photo is worth a thousand words, I'll let these photos describe how we celebrated Dia del Padre.  Huck, you told me once you loved the people in Montreal so much you sang karaoke for them.  I love this ward so much I danced like a cowgirl Hawaiian in front of 200 ward members and investigators.  What was fun was how EASY it was!  Not the dance, (Drue, if you fell out of your chair laughing when I told you we were learning, you probably would have had to been taken to a hospital from laughing so hard if you could see how I was so UNgraceful), but it amazing how easy it is do "spontaneous" things when you really love someone.  I love these people here in Calvario.  

I also am appreciating little things like being able to give people hugs.  I wanted so much to give Dad a hug yesterday.  And I can't give hugs to the amazing other father figures here in the mission, and so I asked 12 year old Holly to give Juan a hug for me.  I gave scriptures about fathers to Jose.  And as puny as electronic communication is, Dad, I LOVE YOU!  And to all the other amazing fathers in my life!

After saying "ASOMBROSO!" for 6 months, I finally learned this week that it means "amazing" not "awesome".  Which means I really should probably be saying "buenísimo"...  But it just doesn't have the same ring to it...  

Last night the zone leaders called us and told us Hermana G has transfers tomorrow.  We are so bummed.  We weren't expecting it at all.  I am so grateful for her.  She reminds me a lot of Drue, and her spontaneity helped me open up again.  Like when we were practicing the dances and she picked me up and twirled me around, and I let out my Ivyshriekyelp.  She is also the best example of selfless love, service, and generosity I've yet had for a companion.  I love her.  I'm so grateful I can still be with Hermana S.  One of our favorite lines from this week was when we passed a tienda playing music, and Hna S got a smile on her face, and said, "El mundo...  me gusta!!!!"  I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!  
This Thursday one of the Area Presidency is coming and we're having a mission conference.  I am so excited.  :)

Jose and his family weren't able to come to the activity or church this week.  Please keep praying for them.  We have a visit with them Wed at 5 pm with members.  Please pray their hearts will be open.  We still haven't taught Concepciopn the Restauration, and I feel like she's missing something before we teach it, and we dont know what.  Please pray their hearts and minds will be open so that they can apply the Atonement in their lives.  

I’ve thought often about something our stake president said months ago.  He said that someone once asked him to describe the worthiness of ALL the MOST successful (financially and spiritually) families in the stake.  And as he described them, he realized ALL of them were doing ALL that was required of them: fulfilling their callings, attending church, having family scripture study and family prayer daily, and having family home evening weekly, and fulfilling their visiting and hometeaching responsibilities.  He said that when we do all we can to be obedient and make the Lord's priorities our priorities, we are then entitled to the blessings of heaven and earth.  This is of what Mosiah 2:41 testifies in the Book of Mormon.  This relates to some counsel Pte Bautista gave me, when he reminded me that whenever we feel like we've gotten in a slump or aren't progressing, it's our responsibility to seek inspiration for how we can improve, and then exercise our faith to make the changes and THEN we are entitled to the next highest paygrade.  He said the apostles and profets aren't perfect, but they stand out among men because they are ALWAYS seeking to improve, change, and earn the next paygrade.  

I decided after reading this amazing talk (Opening the Heavens, Elder Yoshihiko Kikuchi Ensign Aug 2009), that I'm going to improve my daily morning preparation and study.  I want to have a sacred grove experience every morning.  And even though I haven't improved yet as perfectly as I've wanted to, I felt the Spirit during my past two mornings and know because I'm trying to improve and do better, Heavenly Father is pleased and wants me to continue to change and improve.  I promise you if you seek to make inspired changes in your mornings in order to receive the Spirit and Revelation, you will receive them.  

I love you all so much!  I testify that Jesus Christ LIVES.  He is our Savior and Redeemer.  And bringing our brothers and sisters to the fullness of His everlasting Gospel is the most important work we can possibly do in the life.  The prophets testify of this.  It is their work too.  And I promise you if you make YOUR efforts to share the Gospel and be a member missionary, YOU will receive the specific blessings that you need in your life right now.  And I can promise you that because you will be doing your part to bless your brothers and sisters with salvation and exaltation.  In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

I LOVE YOU TONS!

--Hermana Ivy [-]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)