Monday, April 30, 2012

Hola de Hermana, 30/4/12


Hola mi familia!  :)

Cambios are a week from tomorrow!  We found out last night that the president is closing our area and the next cambio there will be a trio here in Calvario.  And so, the APs gave us permission to move in with the other companionship this week so we're moving apartments today...  A timely practice for me to learn if I can fit all my stuff in my two suitcases and backpack...  ;)  We're nearly certain that Hermana A and I are leaving because we both have 6 months here.  And there are hermanas in rural areas, but from what I've heard all the hermanas have good houses or apartments.  The rainy season surprised a lot of people with days with rain in the afternoon several times this month, but in May the rains are supposed to start every day without fail.  And I’ve heard that it does get a bit colder, but how cold depends on the area.  There are actually areas that can frost, but none get snow.

The hardest part is there are about five people I’ve met, most in my first weeks here, that I still feel like I haven't done everything I could for them.  

Yesterday we were very late to arrive to church because we were waiting for an investigator (and she did come), and we missed the sacrament.  That was hard because it was the third week in a ROW.  But after the meeting an RM full of fire, Maco, told us they could bless the sacrament for us.  I found a member who had bread, and as we stood in the church kitchen listening to the young men bless the bread and water, I felt so much gratitude.  I testify that participation of the sacrament is how we renew our covenant of baptism.  It is how we are cleansed once again from all our sins.  It is a physical ordinance that allows us to receive the cleansing power of the Atonement.  It is necessary for personal salvation and exaltation, and I am grateful for the personal examples of friends and family who recognize that power and necessity, and repent so that they are worthy to partake of it.  You are heros for me!

The internet cafe is playing "Little Wonders' right now from Meet the Robinsons.  that's another tender mercy.

And randomly, some members suggested I buy a natural medicine called "rabano yodado" to clear up my skin.  and I did.  and it comes in what looks like a plastic whiskey bottle.  I'll let you look up what it is.  :)  So now I’m taking that and the antibiotic, and won't know which one actually works...  I’ll say it's the natural method. ;)  

Yesterday we had a first lesson with a senora named Cristina.  She can't read or write.  or hear very well.  but during the lesson she felt the Spirit testify strongly, and she told us she will think about our invitation for baptism, and let us know Thursday.  She is also going to talk with her family, and in her prayer she said she wants them to feel what she felt.  I was so grateful for her and her example.  

Yesterday I felt the Spirit often and strongly, especially when we were in the primary with the children.  I don't know why I felt the Spirit like I did, but I am very grateful.  I am also very grateful for your prayers, and for your love.  It means the world to me.  You mean the world to me.  

I love you!  I testify our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ LIVES! He came to earth to save us from a fallen world and death.  And He finished His mission perfectly, and now it is up to you and me to apply His atonement in our lives through making and keeping sacred covenants through His authority in His church and kingdom on the earth.  Our work is of upmost importance, and we are fighting a war to save the children of men. I know you can be saving angels for those around you.  

I LOVE YOU TONS!

--Hermana Ivy [-]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)