Monday, April 2, 2012

Hola de Hermana, 2/4/12


Hola familia!!!  

I love you so much!  I'm so grateful that we were able to watch all the sessions in a chapel in English.  Prayers were answered unexpectedly, and I felt like God was reminding me through the hymns that we are still fighting a war to reclaim the souls of men, and that I need to wake up and work harder, and remember that My Savior Lives.  It was odd to see Utah broadcast in all her spring glory, with BLOSSOMS on the trees!  While I guessed wrong that you would be pruning trees, I'm so grateful you were able to spend time together at the ranch.  I loved your photos of you all, and also emphasized with Elder Brewer (I'm also itching to find greenery, there isn't much because so much is cemented or rocked over).

I'm so grateful for Hermana A, the equivalent of zone leader for sister missionaries.  Ever since the MTC my teachers told me to teach with preguntas, and I'd struggled tons with how to ask questions that would help the investigators teach themselves.  But Hermana A showed me  that good questions are simple, and that when we ask the questions we can provide them with the answer so that they stay on topic and focused on what we're teaching.  Such as, "Do you believe God gives us profets because he loves us, or no?""  The answer is easy, and then they connect God's love with living profets.  I felt like so many burdens were lifted off.  I don't have to learn how to ask big questions, but simple ones, and to do it with the correct intonation so that the investigator understands it's a question (which is really a persistent problem).  :)  I felt so grateful to know I don't have to teach ""book club" discussions, but that I can teach powerfully using questions to engage them.  What a relief!

So grateful for the members here.  These people give so much in time and sacrifice so much in faith and love.  I'm grateful they're helping us to find people who want to listen to the Gospel.

I've heard there's a youtube video of a skit Hermana M’s zone performed in our Christmas conference I think you would love.  She said to look it up under "Navidad Zona Brasilia".  It captures life on buses here remarkably well.  :)  

I am so grateful this is the week before Easter.  I love that the Catholic church celebrates the entire week (we get spring break in the states for farm work, but here they get Easter week off for God...  most still have vacations like people in the states).  Yesterday was palm sunday, and tons of people bought a palm & flower bouquet. It is beautiful to celebrate the Triumphal Entry of our Savior.  And we are preparing for His glorious return!!!   I am going to do more to celebrate this week and hold it sacred when I return home.  

I love you all so much!  I testify Jesus Christ lives!  He came to earth and lived like man, and suffered and died for our sins.  He died and was resurrected the third day, overcoming physical  death for ALL.  And through repentance and His Atonement, we can be cleansed from our sins and overcome spiritual death through His grace and mercy to LIVE LIKE HIM and WITH HIM FOREVER.  In the name of Jesus Christ our Savior, Amen.

I LOVE YOU TONS!

--Hermana Ivy [-]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)