Monday, April 23, 2012

Hola de Hermana, 23/4/12


(weekly letter sent to President Bautista)
Hola Presidente Bautista!  

Thank you so much for your email!  I have been feeling so much better.  It's amazing to me how much I've just been learning how to work to understand and accept and love people for who they are.  I modified the advice Pres. Hinckley received.  "Forget yourself.  Remember others.  Get to work."

Sandra's husband didn't want to receive us during the week, but when we stopped by yesterday our 30 min lesson on the restauracion turned into nearly two hours with him telling us practically his life story about distancing himself from churches.  We gave him the Joseph Smith Story to read.  We're going to stop by Wed morning to pick up the triple I left with him, and we're also going to fast with the member we're working with for them.  I'm so grateful.  We're not going to have any more long lessons, and I was grateful Hma Morgan was able to turn the conversation back to the Restauration at least twice during the lesson.  

We received 7 references and contacted five, had 10 lessons with MAs, and contacted 26 people in the street.

THANK YOU for your love, service, and support.  I am so grateful for you and Hermana Bautista.  

I love you!

--Hermana Ivy [-]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)