Wednesday, December 1, 2010

40th Thankful Thursday: Can ye tell [our blessings]? Love from others

Today has been an emotionally bipolar day.  I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who allows His children to feel His great love through others.  Tonight I attended a Christmas Fireside, and one of my most dear teachers spoke on our Savior's birth, the nativity, and His love for you and me.

Afterwards I went to speak with her.  Our embrace was tender.  Have you ever had a moment when your heart swells so it almost bursts, and you feel so much love and yet are unable to voice what you are feeling?  I am so grateful for those moments.

Monday I was blessed with another tender mercy and outpouring of love.  I received a letter from my dear brother (who is still in Montreal serving a mission), containing four photo-postcards (photos he had taken and made into postcards) with 100 of his "Thankfuls" and another 20 from his companion, Elder J.  I laughed and wept as I read them, and am grateful for the love I felt for him, and the opportunity to feel close to him when he is 2,200 miles away.

Their thankfuls bring our total to 880!!!  Isn't that wonderful!?  Instead of typing the lists, I've taken photos of the photo-postcards, and hope you are able to read them below.


How have you felt love this week?


This week:  Help someone feel your love by sending a letter to them.  

PS My brother includes two scripture references.  They are Moroni 10: 32-33 and Alma 26: 2.  :)


#13 is "the Dopplar Effect"  :)
Postcard#2 left side: #35 and 36 include "poutine"--Montreal specialty.  It actually tastes pretty good  :)

Postcard#2 right side

Most of Postcard #3

Bottom of #3

Left side of Elder J's postcard

Right side of Elder J's postcard

:)  :)  :)  

2 comments:

  1. like I said.... We have an amazing brother. :) Thanks for posting these!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)