Thursday, May 6, 2010

10th Thankful Thursday: Thank-you Cards

Something unprecedented happened yesterday. An event so rare in today's society, I almost thought I was living in a black and white film.

I received two thank-you cards, found in my mailbox.

One of them was sent by a pair of junior high boys.

gasp!!!

Have you recovered? It's a shock, I know.

Their two-sentence note made my day.

Do you treasure a particular thank-you note? Do you keep it somewhere you can read it when you're feeling low?

This week: Send a thank-you card to someone who merits special acknowledgment. For those of you who don't know quite what to do, instructions follow below. :)

1) Pick a nice card. If you're not a crafts type of person, buy one for $1.00. If bought, they usually come with an envelope. The price is worth it.
2) Write a nice, sincere note of appreciation. The two boys wrote two sentences. It doesn't have to be long.
3) Put the card in the envelope and seal the envelope. If, like me, you heard a horror story in second grade about a lady who licked an envelope and her tongue got infested by cockroach eggs, feel free to seal the envelope with a wet finger.
4) Stick a stamp in the upper right corner. Right now a first class stamp costs $0.44.
5) Write the receiver's name and address in the middle of the envelope.
6) Write your name and address in the upper left corner. This is optional.

1 comment:

  1. oooOOOOooohhh..... so who were they from? I want to hear all about it when you COME HOME on friday!! :D :D

    ReplyDelete

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)