Thursday, May 20, 2010

12th Thankful Thursday: Springtime 2010

I went down to the Farm today and checked on the plants we stuck in the ground last Saturday. Most of the tomatoes and nearly all of the melons are still alive. I'm grateful for this because I didn't give them much time to harden off (get used to being outside before planting).

I am so glad Spring is here. I've been breathing in lilac fragrance and the sweetness of rain. I enjoyed running my fingers through my hair after it had been warmed by sunlight. I've seen a few honeybees (Yay!), and quite enjoy seeing lush green foliage everywhere. Our mint patch is spurting soft green spikes of menthol-goodness. The chocolate mint planted last year tastes yummy. :)

I'm about to go bike riding with my sister... this is cool. Why? I now have my very own bike, the first since that pink and purple one I outgrew about 10 years ago. Thankfully, my sister is a good teacher and will help me learn how to not fall over. ;)

This week: Why are you thankful for Spring? Any details or moments you've especially enjoyed?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)