Thursday, April 15, 2010

7th Thankful Thursday: Inspirational Quotes

Quotes can be powerfully personal. Sometimes a quote is more meaningful at one particular point in time than at others. But I think most people have some favorites that inspire them to be and do better.

Here are several I've come across recently:

"My dear sisters, do not pray for tasks equal to your abilities, but pray for abilities equal to your tasks. Then the performance of your tasks will be no miracle, but you will be the miracle."
--President Thomas S. Monson, current President and Prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

"To innovate does not necessarily mean to expand; very often it means to simplify..."
--Elder M. Russell Ballard of the Quorem of the Twelve Apostles of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Speaking of how children value time with their parents, Elder Dallin H. Oaks of the Twelve Apostles said, "What your children really want for dinner is you." :)

"I choose not to be an ordinary man; it is my right to be someone out of the ordinary, if I am able."
--Unknown author

"There is eternal influence and power in motherhood."
--Sister Julie B. Beck, current Relief Society General President of the LDS church

I heard this one in person. It was awesome. :) :
"You can be wise and happy or stupid and miserable. The choice is yours."
--President Gordon B. Hinckley of the LDS church

What inspirational quotes do you love?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)