Thursday, April 1, 2010

5th Thankful Thursday--Visionaries

In one of my classes yesterday, the student leading discussion asked the question, "Is it worth working towards sustainability when, hundreds of years from now, people might not care?"

I had one of those lightning strikes of personal application. Every year, my grandpa spends hundreds of dollars buying trees to reforest parts of the family cattle ranch. He is planting for me, his great-grandkids, his great-great-grandkids... most of whom he won't know during this lifetime.

He does this even though he distresses that no one will care after he is gone.

I am so grateful he does it anyway. Because if everything does work out, the ranch will be even more beautiful than it is today. All because of him and what he is trying so hard to do.

This week: In your life, who is a visionary you are grateful for? Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)