Thursday, September 19, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Celebrating personal victories

Two hours later I gasped at the paper in front of me.  Eight accounting homework pages later and the two final numbers were equal!  I nearly threw my arms into the air yelling jubilation, but that would have induced cardiac arrest in the other accounting students in the near-silent library room.  So I just skipped out of the library and all the way home.  :)

Photo courtesy of Rodolfo Arpia, located here


Sometimes, I have to remind myself to celebrate little victories.  Be they remembering someone's name, not burning dinner, ingenious simple innovations in the dorm room, telling someone you want to get to know them, finishing homework before midnight, finding fossils in Logan Canyon, or not slipping down the wet mud in the back yard, it feels good to declare

I ACTUALLY DID IT!!!

So what personal victories do you need to celebrate today?

And a favorite video to inspire personal victories  :)  
"Brave" by Sara Bareilles 


2 comments:

  1. first of all, i love sara bareilles.
    second, when you get a balance sheet to balance (especially after two hours), that is one MAJOR victory (been there many times). :)
    eating a sandwich full of garden fresh tomatoes and cucumber grown in a very crude garden box with less than ideal soil from someone with a black thumb (me) -- personal victory. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Allie YOU ARE AWESOME!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! And WAY TO GO for getting a such a great veggie sandwich from your personal "victory garden"--haha, I think that old term can get a great double meaning here.. :) You made my day!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)