Monday, April 15, 2013

Final Hola de Hermana, 15-4-13


Ivy's LAST email from the mission field! She comes home this week!

------------

Hola mi familia increible!!! 

I can hardly believe this!  The past few days I get hit by a hammer with every other thought, "this is the last almuerzo we{re going to eat in the house, this is our last dinner together, this is the last time I’ll wash my own clothes in the pila, this is the last sacrament meeting..."  This week was at the same time frustrating and sad, because I have never liked goodbye visits, and yesterday I especially wanted to be contacting with members to find new investigadors. 

But we were blessed yesterday that Mauricio and Ana, the young couple, came to church yesterday.  They are reading the Book of Mormon and praying to know if it is true.  He told me they haven’t received their answer yet, but that soon they will have it.  They stayed for all three hours of service and left with smiles.  I wanted to visit them before I left but Hna Gomez and her new companion have a scheduled family night with them Tuesday. 

Dearest Family, it would be impossible to describe every lesson, every feeling, every trial, and every blessing that comes from serving a mission.  And I would rather tell you in person about it when we are in the living room with Molly.  But if anyone reading this has ever wondered if they should serve a mission, if they re in those foggy crossroads and not sure which direction to take, I testify taking the road of mission service saved my life.

I testify that was no more sure way for me to come to know my Savior than to take upon me a plaque with His name every day and strive to be worthy of that privilege.  And learning how to every day see His children as He sees them.  To seek to know and understand them as He does, and then to teach them His gospel in order to open their vision to become like Him, and then challenge them in His way to make changes in their lives to reach that potential.  And to be patient, to understand that none of this work is about me, but about them, about our Savior and what He did to save and exalt us, and the infinite and perfect love that He has for us.  

I testify that through His Atoning sacrifice whatever sin we have committed is completely erased through the beautiful and sacred process of repentance.  When we give Him our will we are happy.  When we do His will we feel the Spirit and know He is happy with us. 

I testify our Savior lives!  I testify His hands are in His work!  There has been no greater blessing in my life than mission service, and my heart is aching.  But it is also very very full.  I look forward to many other missions, with and without this black nametag.

I love you my family!  I will see you soon!!!

Hermana Ivy [-]

1 comment:

  1. This is very interesting, You are a very skilled blogger.
    I've joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your magnificent post. Also, I have shared your website in my social networks!

    my website ... www.yourwebsitedirectory.info

    ReplyDelete

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)