Monday, April 1, 2013

Hola de Hermana, 1-4-13


Hola mi familia asombrosa!

Well, I can’t believe how fast time is flying.  It is probably the best April Fool´s joke out there.  I have hopes we can put baptismal fechas today, but I almost don’t know if I would believe they would be firm if we did set them..  jaja

This week was absolutely crazy.  With great things too.  Its just weird to be an LDS missionary when there are Catholic processions in the streets and you have to get to appointments but know that to go through the procession would just be unthinkable and need to take side streets...  It was fun.  The best near miss was finding out we almost got caught in one of their video recorders of the procession.  

Many tender mercies.  Two Sundays ago we didn’t have a single investigator in sacrament meeting and I felt horrible.  Yesterday the madre and her oldest daughter of a family of 11 came to church and liked it, and we want to get the whole family to come to conference.  Also, the son and his girlfriend of a less active, who have always hid from us, came to church and it was a complete surprise.  The funny part is that I KNOW the Zone Leaders thought we´ve been teaching them and we actually never had, so we were able to get to them first to invite them to class and then put a visit.  I don’t plan on telling the ZLs it was a surprise. Please pray for the family of Mauricio y Ana, the surprise couple, Elmer, Eduardo, Cesar, and La Familia Huix (Weesh).  Please pray that these children of God will want to and do asist General Conference and that they will receive testimonies that what we teach is true.  

I want to tell you about our landlord´s animalitos.  In back of our apartment, connected to his house, he has two little piggies in a cage, about 6 chickens and two roosters, and three big fat male turkeys and a couple turkey hens.  I had never understood why people use geese and turkeys and guinea fowl as guard animals until living here.  Today I got up early to wash my clothes in the pila, and as soon as I stepped outside to hang them up the turkeys started making a growly turkey nose and their gobblers inflamed to red, and slowly started advancing towards me...  It´s just funny.  I´m glad I still haven’t run into guard chickens.  And I´m glad I´ve only been chased by a goose once (in Huehue).  

And if dad could play the piano, and play hymns, I think he would do it like Hermano Homero.  He jazzes up the hymns and plays them usually way too fast but with trills and odd bits that don’t exist.  So that Count Your Blessings has an almost Evangelical swing to it...  I was almost laughing in the meeting.  

Dearest family, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!  Time is flying, and all too soon I´ll be giving you all hugs.  I´m so excited.  We´re working hard, but I am thinking more and more in Home.  And it´s like Mom and Huck told me, that I can feel myself getting ready to come home.  It is very odd.  Please pray that I´ll have the courage to act on the promptings of the Holy Ghost, and the humility to help turn this work over to those who are going to continue it.  

I testify our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ LIVES!  He is our Redeemer.  And through His Atoning sacrifice we can repent of our sins, be made strong in our weaknesses, through the sacrament renew the precious covenant of baptism weekly, and daily endure to the end. 

LOVE YOU TONS!

Hermana Ivy [-]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)