Monday, October 29, 2012

Hola de Hermana, 29-10-12


Hola mi familia asombrosa!

It hit this week that this is the first time either of us have ever been with a comp for more than two transfers.  I´m so grateful we learned that I´ll have the opportunity to go to the temple tomorrow!  I want to feel that peace and love again that are so strong there.  I testify the temple is the House of the Lord.  

I had a funny thought.  In the mission we´re told to lock our hearts, not have romantic thoughts that will distract us from the work.  I had the thought that can also mean to lock my heart from wanting another companion.  Something that sometimes is really hard to do.  Dad, our family jokes about arranged marriages are taking a toll right now because I actually look forward to picking my eternal comp.  But we´re working and am grateful that Hna V doesn´t feel baggy to leave.  

I am so grateful that the Bishop assigned me to speak this Sunday in sacrament meeting, the first assignment I´ve had to speak in sacrament meeting in the mission!  I want to focus on the WHY we do mission work, and WHY the prophets have said it is the MOST IMPORTANT WORK WE CAN DO.  And that people can do it without fear because God will prove to His children that earnestly want to know that The Book of Mormon is true that it is true.  And our work is to find those who are seeking.  And they will be blessed.

I´ve been making copies of the children´s activities in the Liahona to give to members.  Aunt Beth, when I told 6 year old Miguelito that you drew one of them, he said, Su tia es una excelente dibujante!  Thank you for using your talents to build the kingdom of God!  

I was pleased as punch to try an object lesson I thought of!  I created a series of mazes to represent our life on earth as we journey to the Vida Eternal.  As some less actives were navigating the mazes, I turned off the light.  And they had to remember to turn on some flashlights we had given them.  The flashlights represented the Holy Ghost we receive after baptism, and that we can only navigate life successfully when we are worthy of the Holy Ghost and use his help.  It worked perfectly and we used it with 2 Nephi 32 verse 5.  It was great.  We are also looking for the best ideas for a missionary activity to do in the ward if you can send me your ideas!  Spiritually powerful experience and something ward members can bring their friends to.  We need your ideas next week please!  If it’s a scavenger hunt, miniplan of salvation, what did you do with your wards in your missions?  

Please know ANYBODY outside of mission limits can email me, family or friends.  This is mission permited because of snail mail.  I would really appreciate your ideas for this ward activity.  Our mission leader wants your ideas too. 

Please pray for Dunia, a Honduranian who we started to teach.  She has a TON of issues to work out, and the courage to trust God more than men.  And 17 year old William and 19 yr old Marcos.  One needs to overcome addictions and the other has to travel.  

And please send Grandma Jan’s pizza recipe.  Several here want to try it.  

I LOVE YOU FAMILY!  You are children of God and we are here helping each other to get back to our Heavenly Home.  LOVE YOU TONS!

Hermana Ivy [-]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)