Monday, October 1, 2012

Hola de Hermana, 1/10/12


Hola mi familia asombrosa!

This week has probably been one of the most stressful weeks I've had.  A comforting thought has been remembering that Elder Holland once said that he asked a great swimmer why he was so good.  and the swimmer said that he kicks when he doesn’t want to kick and he strokes when he doesn't want to stroke.  Well, I had several moments this week when I didn't want to kick or stroke and someone in the heavens helped me do it anyway.  I am so grateful.  As hard as the mission sometimes is, it is comforting knowing that I really truly wouldn’t trade this experience for anything.  And while I'm not a great missionary, I am grateful to know that the Lord fulfills ALL His promises in His own time and way.  ALL of them.  And that I need to patiently kick and stroke the entire length in order to receive them.  I am praying for some miracles this General Conference.  

I wasn't the only one stressed.  Hna V stayed up late watching some church DVDs one night.  And as I lay in bed silently fuming I was warring between the little angel and the little devil on my shoulders.  The little angel said that Hna V was really stressed too and that this was her relatively harmless way of destressing and I should let her.  The little devil said you're tired, it's midnight, and you should tell her to get in bed.  I am ashamed I listened to the little devil and went and turned off the light as a passive aggresive show of get in bed.  Oh good grief.  I felt so bad after.  The next morning she had the guts to tell me we should talk and we did.  And I’m grateful we both felt better after.  

I am learning so much.  I hope I am applying what I learn.  This morning I applied a lesson I learned with my second companion and I’m grateful Hna V felt better.  

Random bits of life.  At home we say squished like a pancake.  Here when I was not being careful crossing the street Hna V told me, "Me van a dejar como tortilla!".  

Five investigators came to church yesterday.  We'd like to put fechas for baptism, but one is going to move out of the area to live with her boyfriend, one was her younger brother, and the two grandparents only come here for weekends...  And this week we have got to find new investigators...  Please pray that the ward members will invite and bring their friends to watch General Conference.  We made invitations for them to hand out and have specifically invited them to invite sacerdocio.  

I LOVE YOU TONS!  I testify that our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ LIVES.  He knows and loves us.  He knows our struggles.  And he knows how to help us.  In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

Hermana Ivy [-]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)