Thursday, August 26, 2010

26th Thankful Thursday: Delighting in summer bounty

I am sitting at my computer a little bit distractedly, because half of an Ambrosia melon is staring at me. It has a huge scoop of vanilla bean ice cream in it, taunting me, because they know I can't eat them while I type. sigh

I love this time of year. After a summer of staring at little tiny fruits and veggies, willing them to grow, I am finally sinking my teeth into succulent peaches and tomatoes, squirting some juice here and there, and rejoicing in our family garden. I am picking Asian eggplant as fast as they can grow. I'm tasting Armenian cucumbers (which are technically melons) for the first time, and love them.

Tomatoes. I love tomatoes. Blue cheese and tomatoes, basil and tomatoes, basil and mozzerella and balsamic vinegar and sea salt and a bit of olive oil and tomatoes...

I am grateful for the garden, and the glorious delights that are springing out of it. :)

This week: What are you delighting in right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)