Thursday, August 19, 2010

25th Thankful Thursday: This past week's favorite moment

I am sitting at my grandma's dining table in Wyoming. It is covered with a light blue tablecloth with a John Deere tractor pattern. I like looking at it. :)

After a month of cutting, baling, and stacking hay, Hay Season is almost done. Rainclouds aren't as terrifying now that everything has been baled. I love looking out to the vast fields, which look perfectly mowed. My sisters are out on the four-wheeler making sure the small square bales are properly turned to be picked up by the hauler.

This week's favorite moment: sitting on the porch swing with Dad, watching the spectacular sunset and clouds, listening to the sandhill cranes call, smelling the rain-kissed air, and feeling the gentle cool breeze.

How marvelous it is that a necessity such as oxygen can smell so heavenly.

THIS WEEK: What is your favorite moment from the past week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)