Thursday, August 5, 2010

23rd Thankful Thursday: Precious, silly, moments :)

Today I drove to my university's hometown so I could find housing for this next year (mission accomplished!). I asked my youngest sister if she wanted to go with me, and I'm so glad she did.

We ate lunch at the Indian restaurant I've wanted to go to for two years, Indian Oven. The food was great, I ate using my right hand only, and I was able to savor a mango lassi without fearing contaminated water. ;)

We celebrated my apartment with ice cream at a favorite local joint, The Bluebird. Raspberry and vanilla ice cream soda... delightful...

But the best part was as we drove home, my sister put on her iPod's Pokemon playlist. Now, for those of you who never had the privilege of growing up with Pokemon like I did, it is an anime show that took my peers by storm and has obsessed millions of kids, to the point where numerous Pokemon movies and 630 TV episodes (is that a record?) have been produced.

Imagine two sisters, rockin' it out to Pokemon rap and theme songs, belting the songs out like there would be no tomorrow.

It. was. awesome. :D

If our fellow travelers along the way knew what that 20 year old was singing along to... ;)

THIS WEEK: What is a silly moment or experience you treasure?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)