Thursday, October 3, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Moments of butterflies, cookies, Disney, and blogs

Yesterday was a wonderful day.  One of my landscaping buddies brought his two raised-from-the-wild monarch butterflies to class in a box, with the intention of releasing them when it got sufficiently warm.  He asked if I wanted to hold one, and it was a purely magical moment.  The first time in my whole life I've ever held a butterfly.

Photo by Jana Chitilova, newspaper article here


I had no idea that butterflies are so fuzzy.  He also pointed out to me the curled-under tongue.   :)

After I got home, Drue and I made a batch of chocolate chip cookies.  :)  It's amazing to me how listening to Disney princess songs on Pandora radio while stirring together flour, butter, and sugar can bring together eight of the 14 women in this house into one tiny corner of our kitchen.  Songs would come on, spontaneous singing and reminiscing would burst out, and then some dancing on our imaginary ballroom floor...  :)   

Too late that night, Drue showed me this blogpost about a woman's traumatic childhood experience involving a "pet" trout turned dinner.  I was laughing so hard I collapsed on the floor.  

I am grateful for little moments of wonder or fun that bring people closer together.  

What magical or fun moments have you shared with someone recently?  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)