Monday, December 17, 2012

Hola de Hermana, 17/12/12


Hola mi familia asombrosa!

I love you all so much!  We are doing so well, are very happy, and are seeing so many many blessings.  I can hardly believe all the good that is happening in just the two past weeks.  I miss you, and seeing Christmas lights and hearing Christmas songs are big temptations to be baggy (I got homesick thinking about Peggy Lee and Bing Crosby).  But I am counting my many many blessings that I'm in a ward I love with a companion I love for Christmas.  And soon I'll be with you all sitting around the warm stone fire in WY!!!  AGH!  And even sooner than that Ill be TALKING WITH YOU ON THE PHONE!!!  WOW!

We had some tender moments this week.  One night we were very hungry and had bought some cheese and sliced ham to eat with some bread.  The store owner heard us debating if we should eat in the street or try to find a semisecluded corner.  And without hesistating she told us to come right in her home.  She threw open her door, welcomed us into her kitchen, gave us juice boxes and told us to eat in peace.  I wept.   We were so grateful.  

We are talking with as many people as we can in the street.  I'm learning that to find people prepared for us we really do have to talk with everyone. Light does not pour down from Heaven with angels singing when we start talking with golden investigators.   Sometimes it's just an unexplainable whisper that you should talk to someone.  We talked with a middle-aged couple Saturday night and for the first time in my mission we went to visit them on a pday morning.  They welcomed us in their home for an hour.  And after we explained that God has always called a prophet to guide and protect our families, Viktor gasped, "Hay un profeta viviente hoy?" And I testified that yes, God has once again called a prophet on the earth to lead and guide us.  Viktor and Erlinda have an adorable little girl, Estefami.  Please pray for them.  Pray for them, for Eusevio  Elvira and Andres.  Pray for Jaime and Eli.  Pray for our part member couples Oscar and Andreina, Mellisa and Daniel, and Juan and Adilia.  

Our Stake President called us last Tuesday morning to tell us he had a reference for us.  That has NEVER EVER EVER happened before.  Not even a bishopric member has called us to give a reference.  In all my mission.  But Pres Matias arranged to present us to a family, Rudy and Bertha.  They are Catholic and aren't assisting right now.  But we met with them, we have a return visit, and I received very specific impressions for a certain trial they are dealing with that means they need a lot of help.  Pray for them, and that we'll be able to work with the key members to help them progress.  

Family, I LOVE YOU!  I am so grateful for you! Another tender moments was when we were talking with Daniel and Mellisa and their two year old son Joseph walked stumbling to me, put his tiny little hands on my knees, and pushed me backwards.  I didn't understand why until Mellisa told me he wanted to play football with me.  So he kicked his ball to me and I kicked it to him, and know every time we come he puts his tiny hands on my knees and I step back to play football.  :)

I LOVE YOU!  I'm praying for you!  I testify angels are all around us watching over us!  And they are also helping us be in the right places at the right times.  This truly is the work of the Lord.

Hermana Ivy [-]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)