Monday, May 7, 2012

Hola de Hermana, 7/5/12


Hola mi familia!  

Crazy crazy crazy cambios.  I have one more cambio here in calvario, and I'll be the senior comp for Hermana N, who Hma A just finished training here.  Hma M is one of the three oldest Nortes hermanas in the mission, and she is going to be the companion for the new mission nurse who only has one cambio and still has a difficult time with the Spanish.  And Hma A is going to Momos, the most poor and rural area in the mission, to open an area...  And instead of completely closing the second companionship/area I've served in, a companionship of elders are going to come!  The first elders in about eight or nine months.  That will be a shock for the sisters who have signed up to give the four of us lunches....

I've felt really interesting.  I had thought up until last night I've done what I've needed to here.  In part because I typed up my testimony to give to investigators and ward members...  But last night as I was praying I felt like, "Okay, there is still something I need to do here, and I will do it."  I think it's teaching about the Atonement. 

Hermana N and I are both excited to be comps.   We have our differences, but we expect we'll be friends. :)  I want to set worthy high and inspired goals with her for this cambio, and expect we'll see some miracles.  Please pray we'll be able to find families and potential sacerdocio to teach and baptize.  And that we'll be able to receive inspiration for and improve our abilities for how to contact and teach them.  

Last week Huck asked me about earthquakes.  I have felt several itty bitties, but when I was with Hma S we were in the house studying and one strong enough that our chairs and plastic tables shook.  She got a laugh at how surprised I was.  :)  I'm really glad you are preparing our family emergency plans.  :)  :)  :)

Also, we had another amazing testimony meeting yesterday.  I love how here, couples go to the pulpit together, and stand with each other as they bear their testimonies.  It's like an unconscious "two witnesses" or "two supports".  :)  

And I actually understood a joke from Hermana A.  :)  I've thought from the first that I'll look forward to the day when I'm fluent enough to understand and participate in jokes.  And while this one was easy and it took an Ivy moment to understand, I still understood it in time to laugh.  :)  When we found out Hermana M is going to be the nurse's comp, Hma A dijo, "Ella es paciente y ella va a atender mas pacientes."    Drue, this bit from Hma A reminds me of you.  :)  

I've attached my testimony (in spanish) and the scripture list I've made.  If you could put the testimony on my blog I would appreciate it.  :)  It'd be awesome for the scripture list too, but I don't know how you can attach documents onto blogs...  

I love you all so much!  I'm so excited to talk with you this week (probably Sunday night).

I testify our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ LIVES!  He knows and loves us!  And this work is the most important work we can do, to save the children of men!

LOVE YOU TONS!

--Hermana Ivy [-]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)