Monday, January 9, 2012

Hola de Hermana, 9/1/12


Hola mi familia!  

More photos and less palabras hoy!  





The first photo is me, Hermana G, and our latina companeras.

The second photo is me trying not to cry after the abuela kissed me on the cheek after we sang to her Christmas Eve.

The third is after we sang to Hermana R Christmas Eve, where we sang with the light of one candle.  

The fourth is me with Hermana V, who owns a panaderia.  In front of her TOTALLY AWESOME GIANT WOOD FUELDED OVEN!!!  SO COOL!  I love the little panaderias scattered everywhere.  You would never know there are huge ovens in the back by how small the fronts of the stores are.  And they always smell HEAVENLY, fresh bread, as we walk past.

The last photo is of us and the other hermanas in our area, after we were slow to leave the capilla after our zone meeting, after they locked us in when they went to lunch.  It was pretty hilarious.  :)    

Last Monday Hermana S and I woke up walloped out of the blue with head colds.  Hers was a LOT worse than mine, and I attribute in part not getting a lot more sick to eating a tortilla with honey and 2 or 3 raw cloves of garlic Tues-Sat.  Yeah, no vampires around our little apartment... :)  and I feel a lot better.  :)

Yesterday Marcela assisted church!  She has two little children who are members, and she wants to be baptized.  I am so excited for her and her husband to be married so that she can be baptized, and hope that as we teach the husband he too will want to come to Christ.

Yesterday during church the phrase "All that my Father hath" came to my mind, and I haven't been able to find the scripture.  I think it is preceded by "And the kingdom is yours".  Could you try to find it for me?

I love you all so much!  I testify Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer, and through Him we can do all that is expedient and we truly can be angels in doing His work.  

I love you!!!

--Hermana Ivy [-] 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)