Monday, January 16, 2012

Hola de Hermana, 16/1/12


Hola mi familia! 

It's been a really good week.  We're starting to see results of people coming to Christ, and I am so excited.  :)  Yesterday Luisa assisted all three hours of church, and the young women were really awesome about welcoming her and inviting her to mutual.  She is our only temple reference who is progressing.  She is totally awesome, and I'm excited that she can go to the temple after her baptism. 

Remember about a month ago when I told you about Luis, the young man who called us and asked us if he could buy a Book of Mormon?  Well, we hadn't heard from him, and we couldn't call him because he didn't want to give us his telephone number.  Well on Tuesdayish, we were leaving a tienda when I did a double take when a young man with a grey hoodie passed me.  "Luis?" "Luis?""  And it was him!  I didn't understand why he didn't call us, but this last week we had two lessons with him!  And I'm grateful to learn the importance of being obedient with strictness because earlier the day we ran into him, I resisted the temptation to go look at a black jacket I was sure would fit perfectly.  If I hadn’t been in the other store exactly when Luis was...  anyway, I testify that when we do all we can to be obedient, we receive blessings.  And when we are obedient with exactness, we can receive miracles.  And with Luis, I didn't hear or feel any strong promptings, I just knew it wasn't the best to buy a jacket not on pday.  The Holy Ghost really does use gentle promptings.

We've also been working with less active members of the barrio.  I've learned that for several, they had fear about coming to church when they didn't know anyone.  I’ve remembered how it was sometimes hard to go to my singles wards when I felt like I didn't have good friends.  Please please make an effort to love and say hi to all the newbies you see in meetings, and let them know they are loved! 

I love you all so much!  I am grateful for your love and support!  I testify Jesus Christ lives and He knows and Loves you!  I'm so proud of all the work you're doing!

--Hermana Ivy [-]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)