Monday, January 23, 2012

Hola de Hermana, 23/1/12


Hola mi famila!  :)

This week has been interesting.  I got whiplash from a second bout of a cold or flu, and am just receiving my voice back.  Tender mercies and disappointments.  And funny chistes.  

We stopped by Vinicio's house and during his hug, he told me "Usted es mi hermanita favorita".  :)  Wish I could tell him he is my favorite person here too.  

We visited a recent convert to ask her if she would accompany us during citas with a senora we're teaching.  I had a fairly strong coughing fit, and the convert grabbed a bottle of a eucalyptus concoction to cure what ailed me.  I felt a bit like  a baby bird getting a worm stuffed down my throat as she spoon fed the stuff to me.  While it tasted okay, I had diarrhea the next day.  I told Hermana S the stuff isn't good for gringas and offered it to her, and she happily accepted.  :)

Hermana S gave me a great idea.  She said she was told to buy two journals for throughout her life.  One in which to record her dreams, and the other to record all the blessings she receives.  And whenever possible, ask someone to take notes in the journal when she is receiving the blessings.  

Luis didn't come to church either of the past two Sundays, and we didn't set up another cita with him.  Atonces, we don't have his telephone or his home direction, and I am praying for another "jacket experience" to find him, or that he'll think to go talk to the members in whose house we taught him.  Or that he'll call us on a public telephone.  We need your prayers.  

Luisa DID assist yesterday, and has received almost all the lessons.  We're going to work with her so that she will have a firm testimony of the Book of Mormon, because that's the only thing left she needs.  She is awesome, and I love her.  I want to work with her to go do baptisms in the temple as soon as possible (usually a week) after her baptism because temples are a fortress against all the temptations of the devil.  I hope you are all going to the temple as often as you possibly can.  I probably won't be able to until the end of my mission, because our area authorities told us our work is for the living and not the dead....  understandable.  (sigh)  :)

I found the scripture reference I was looking for!  Still want to study it.  D&C 84:38 "And he that receiveth my Father receiveth my Father's kingdom; therefore all that my Father hath shall be given unto him."

Another phrase I've thought a LOT about: "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do."  

From Christ, "Father, forgive Hermana Ivy, for she knows not at all how much that unintentionally hurt her companion", "Father, forgive Hermana Ivy for she knows not how much she offends thee by [not doing or doing something]".  "Father, forgive Hermana Ivy, for she knows not how little that thing matters in relation to Thy Work."

I testify Jesus Christ lives, and it is HIS work that is most important.  I've learned when someone is hurt or offended by me, I really have done something, intentional or not, to hurt them.  And that I need to change me and change MY relationship with my Savior.  It's when I focus on my relationship with my Savior, and not preoccupy myself with others, that I am happy.  And He truly overcame the world and because of His Victory we can and should have JOY here and now.  In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.  

I love you all LOTS!

--Hermana Ivy [-]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)