Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Hola from Ivy, 26-10-11


Hola mi familia fantastico!  or -a....

Oh, this morning we found out that the mailing address in my mission call packet for this MTC isn’t actually through the church pouch mail, but through the Guatemala mail service.  Which helps explain why I haven’t received the package you sent or the written letters you told me about (I’m sad I didn’t get them, but not upset--I’m really doing great and love the emails you sent today)...  I did receive Dads dear elder letter last Wednesday after email time.  So I would suggest sending all written letters and packages to the Quetz mission office.  :)  I have printed off your emails this week and will respond to them in my written letter home.  :)

I’m doing fabulously!  Around last Thursday was another turning point of "I’m back":  happy and positive and focusing on the work.  On Monday Hermana A 1 (one of two twin sisters who are our teachers) took us outside for ten minutos to ponder, and it was one of the most peaceful pondering moments Ive had here.  I was prompted that I have needed to be more grateful, and that as I do so, I will be able to receive the Holy Ghost and, consequently, the gift of tongues more fully.  I am grateful for that prompting, and have been blessed to see the promise being fulfilled already.  :) 

Random--I’ve been hearing Speedy Gonzalez´s "arriba ribba!!!" from Bugs Bunny in my head so often you’d think I was a broken record player, or the random car alarm that goes off outside regularly...

I’ve had frijoles three times since I’ve been here and loved them all.  I can’t wait to eat them more often!  My most favorite new food this week was starfruit juice, agua de carabola, like lemonade but with a floral zip to it.  Turns out the fruit themselves are super bitter too.  :)  Also tried eating mulberries, which look like blackberries on steroids, and liked them a lot. 

Yesterday was AWESOME!  As a group, paired with our Latin companions, we took a bus to the Central Plaza and proselyted/contacted for an hour!  It was great!  I understood more than I thought I would, and spake more than I’d anticipated (even though I sounded like a five year old).  I was grateful for Hermana C who made sure I was included by sharing my testimony.  I gave away all three of our Book of Mormons, and felt that at least two of the people would follow up.  I’ll write more in my letter home.  :)

This morning I had a little epiphany about the Saviors example of exercising faith through positive visualization.  He knew He had to fulfill the Atonement if He was going to save us from physical death and provide a way back to Heavenly Father.  So He ALWAYS talked about the Atonement as though He had already fulfilled it, even though He hadn’t really completed it!  See Mosiah 16:6 and John 16:33 (the last verse of that chapter, talks about be of good cheer He overcame the world).  That was really powerful for me because I realized I need to visualize myself as the missionary God sees I can be.  That really meant a lot to me. 

I love you all tons!!!!!!!    Via con Dios!

--Hermana Ivy [-]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)