Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Hola from Hermana, 1-11-11


Hola mi familia! 

Surprise!  This week we're mailing today instead of tomorrow because we went to market today!  This also means I have no more preparation time other than maybe going to the temple tomorrow, and will probably not be able to write any letters!  Gah!  Lo siento! 

Yesterday your totally awesome package arrived!!!  I could hardly believe the cans of beans!  I’m pretty sure nobody else would have received anything like that.  Thank you!  H, the pumpkin note ROCKED (thank you!), bro, I can’t wait to really read the letter and symptoms of culture shock  (really!  :)  ), Dad, I loved your Thankfuls!  (That is something I never get tired of--your thankfuls), Mom THANK YOU for the note with encouragement and reminder to live NOW, and D, I would love to read a sample of your writing that makes people laugh!  (Dad mentioned it in his letter)  :)

News:

Today we went to a market!  Some things were the same as in India (lots of small booths close together, stalls with gorgeous fresh fruit and burlap sacks full of grains, spices, BEANS, haha, goodies...)  Others were new and different: it was UNDERGROUND, and had GORGEOUS NATIVITY SETS  little figurines in small flatish bowls...  I hope to bring one home, they were gorgeous.  Some were carved from wood, others sewn from cloth.  Also really cool candle stalls, a rug maker...  I loved the sight of a small little boy sleeping on what resembled a yoga mat in a darker corner of a stall near a stack of brightly colored scarves. 

After the market we went to an upscale mall, big and Americanish with an awesome museum.  Dashed trough and saw Mayan artifacts.  Loved a small stone armadillo, learning that women used two bowls for cooking (one to mix and one to bake), a stone carving of a man that looked like he was sticking his tongue out, and small stone statues called "mushroom stones".  I feel the same way I do about the blunderbusses in India.  :) 

I can’t wait to really get to know the people here.  My teachers are so kind.  The Latinas are so humble, strong in testimony, and fun.  :)  Hermana G and I are the new coordinating sisters, so for the next three weeks we are in charge of watching over the 28 sisters!  Huge group coming in--well have 100 missionaries the next three weeks, and will be cramped. 

I’m starting to mispell in English.  I wrote "profet" the other day.

I loved a District testimony meeting we had Sunday.  My heart felt so full of gratitude as I listened to the Elders (all are 19 years old) and Hermana G bear their testimonies.  I am grateful they gave up what they were doing to take time to serve the Lord.  I know we are called to preach His gospel and invite others to come unto Him.  I know the Lord knows and loves us.  I know He is our Redeemer, and that through Him we can be cleansed from our sins, made whole and perfect, and return to our Heavenly Father to not only live with Him but to become LIKE Him! 

I LOVE YOU ALL!  Via con Dios!

--Hermana Ivy [-]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)