Thursday, April 14, 2011

59th Thankful Thursday: Websites

Three years ago I was introduced to the website Oxford Dictionaries.   Free of charge, I can now instantly find in-depth definitions, and if I wanted to pay, could even find how definitions have evolved over time.   I'm grateful for the increased understanding I've gained using this site during study.

Sometimes I get carried away looking up definitions.  I just looked up "receive", "call", and "sustain".  :)

This week:  What is a website you're grateful for?

PS  WHOA!!!  I totally thought the Salar Jung museum had made this up!!!  "Blunderbuss"  haha!  Just made my day.  :)


2 comments:

  1. I haven't used it in awhile, but I love dictionnaire.TV5.org. I love being able to look up French and English counterparts for words and seeing what they mean. I especially love the conjugations feature--this website will conjugate the verb for me in all its forms! I also love blogs like yours that make me feel all warm inside. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Christina!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)