Wednesday, September 29, 2010

31st Thankful Thursday: Written records

I know I'm posting this on Wednesday. If I don't post this now, I wouldn't be able to post until tomorrow night. I thought you would rather sooner than later. ;)

Yesterday I was having a bit of a tough spot mentally and emotionally. I realized my self-esteem had been dropping the past two weeks. Causes included being away from home, school stress, and recognizing I had started to manifest pride. The last reason was bitter.

I felt prompted to read my journal. I read entries from my time in India. I felt grateful for the experiences I had had, motivated to get my current duties done, and inspired that, "Yes, I really can do hard things." And maybe most importantly, I was reminded of what truly matters most, and that "I can change. I can become better."

I believe in me. I believe in you, too. :)

This week: What written records are you grateful for? Have you had a particular experience you would like to share?

PS If you made that tomato peanut soup I posted last week, how did you like it? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)