Wednesday, September 22, 2010

30th Thankful Thursday: Comfort food

As soon as you thoughtfully consider this week's prompt, please read the recipe I posted just prior this post. You may swoon after tasting it, so please have an ice pack handy in case you hit your head. Seriously. ;)


"Comfort food."

Okay, what images just popped into your head? Mashed potatoes & peas with gravy, grilled cheese sandwiches, baked beans, and tomatoes with mozzarella, basil & balsamic vinegar came to mind for me.

These foods remind me of dinners around an old tan wooden table with my family, of being a kid at Sizzler and baffling my parents by ordering a sandwich, of our garden harvest, and just feeling warmfuzzies from the goodness of sweet beans. :) :) :)

THIS WEEK: What comfort foods make you feel like you're wrapped in your favorite comforter, take you back to favorite memories, or just bring a smile of delight to your face? Bonus points for sharing "why". :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)