Wednesday, July 14, 2010

India: 20th Thankful Thursday: Technology and Teammates

We've had on-and-off internet connection the past few days. I didn't bring my computer. I am glad I didn't bring my computer because I've gotten a lot of personal contemplation time. But I've also learned that I need to seize opportunities when people aren't using their computers and ask to use them.

That makes posting here consistently nearly impossible.

I'm grateful for computers because I can communicate so much. I'm grateful for the internet for the same reason. I'm grateful for teammates who allow me to use their stuff.

THIS WEEK: Name a technology you're grateful for, and people who enable you to use them.

2 comments:

  1. At this moment it is a dvd player and Dora the explorer. It gives me a half an hour to pull things together before a 2 1/2 year old destroys them.

    On the personal time front I love my Kindle. It is a pure indulgence. I love that I can carry a number of books and will always have one that suit my mood. I love that the battery life is very long. I love that I can make note and a book list. I love that I don't have to read in the crack of a 600 page book and that when I reach the end the book isn't flopping about. I love that I read.

    And in a world of something useful, lets just say air conditioning. It got me through my pregnancy and will help me make it through the summer. I am a well insulated person and hate being hot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, air conditioning! That and the swamp coolers here have saved me. And cold showers. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)