Thursday, July 18, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Moments to treasure

Today I'm thankful for

--looking forward to rooming with my younger sister and feel her contagious enthusiasm for life to live on campus
--to be back on campus, feel welcome, and excited for a challenging and adventurous year
--to be able to drive to and from the university with a happy cheerful sister
--to feel good about class registration

--watching a detective show and hiding under a fleece blanket during tense music
--Dinner conversation and jokes that make no sense to anyone who wasn't there


--blowing bubbles with my friend over a dusky fish pond
--not being completely sucked dry of my blood by pesky 'skeetos while blowing those bubbles
--my friend suggesting that to get rid of said 'skeeters, we run through the large sprinklers on the nearby church lawn
--running through said sprinklers with bare feet :)... not that we giggled like toddlers or anything  ;)
--listening to our puppydog eat her biscuits, and remembering how earlier she pounced on one of her bones and gloated like she had just caught one of those pesky rabbits that always gets away from her
--listening to my dad grilling my sister's friends about their genealogy in preparation for them meeting my grandpa...  :)

...and a precious moment of realizing that even though I didn't have a camera to catch any of these little moments, I could still treasure their memory forever.  :)

What little moments have brightened your day today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)