Monday, July 30, 2012

Hola de Hermana, 30/7/12


Hola mi Familia asombrosa!!!  :)

Sunday night the zone leaders called and I do have changes.  Me voy de Calvario manana, y no tengo ni idea si es por el "boonies"o por la ciudad.  But this is what I got this week, '"You'll be called as a senior companion.  IN a new area.  Blessings....love you for all you are doing.  Pte B'"'

I still don't know if he means I'm finally leaving Calvario (to a new area) or if it's a recently opened area. I don't feel really sad yet, and think it's because this time I actually feel like I've done what I was supposed to do..  But I'm grateful and excited and nervous and at the same time calm.  Maybe it's because I felt all the stress in my neck muscles yesterday and it finally mostly came out with the phone call... and Hna S's massage skills.  I am so grateful for her!  For some reason I haven't started bawling yet, but it will probably come out tomorrow in the Terminal (bus station).  We are both very very very grateful for the time we've had, and even more grateful that we'll be able to still be close friends in Utah.  

Blessings this week, and I'm so grateful for your prayers.  After two or three weeks of hiding, we were able to meet with two of the families that were hiding.  Last night we visited a Familia and they updated us on what has been going on and we left with them feeling edified.  It was hard saying goodbye to Ethan the four year old.  He is just as cute as can be, with the biggest most excited smile every time we come, and eager to give us four or five handshakes for every hello and goodbye.  :)  They have thought about visiting Utah, and if you could invite them to dinner and Temple Square, I would be thrilled to pieces.  :)  (I don't know when they would go--I think it's in the "that would be nice" stage).

We also gathered together a gift bag with little items to give to Sandra and Faustino and their family to celebrate their baby.  We took it by last night, and were so grateful Faustino came to the door.  We squealed and smiled when he told us Sandra is in the hospital with her baby and gets back today.  Hna S is planning on going tomorrow to give service with her new comp.  So grateful when he told us we were welcome their any time.

And yesterday our jaws hit the floor in sacrament meeting when one of Pablo's twin brothers, Roberto, was sitting in one of the front rows with an RM friend that goes to a neighboring ward.  When Roberto saw how shocked we were he had a good laugh.  What an amazing miracle.  So we're going to surprise him with a jello cake tonight.  I've decided it's worth throwing little parties when somebody actually keeps a commitment, or in this case, decides on his own to do something.  Have I told you how shocked we were? :)

Also very grateful for what we've been learning from Garrett, an RM in the ward.  He has been helping us understand how we can help people WANT to keep commitments rather than just telling them what they need to do (the mistake I made with Jose and Faustino a couple weeks ago).  I think of it like showing the bulls the grain bucket instead of cracking the whip.  It was easy to feel stressed (Why am I just getting this now when I only have 8 months left?!), but also so grateful that I actually DO have eight months left in which to put this in practice.  

It has also been a major eye-opener, again, to understand that just like for a strong companionship we need to be friends, it's important to actually be the INVESTIGATOR'S friend.  And as we've focused on being their best friends, we're seeing them open up again.  I'm so grateful.

Dearest family, you are amazing!  Thank you for telling me how you're doing, and WHAT you're doing!  I'm so grateful that you are so kind and good and giving and doing your best to do and be good.  You are heroes and examples for me!  I testify our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ LIVES!  He knows and loves us!  And He wants us to be like Him, and as such He Atoned for us so that we can repent, be forgiven, and change and move on.  Not only move on, but move more towards the glorious future He has prepared for us.

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!  Toodles!

--Hermana Ivy [-]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)