Monday, July 16, 2012

Hola de Hermana, 16/7/12


Hola mi familia asombrosa!  

I love you all so much!  I'm so grateful for the good you're doing and amazed at all that's going on. 

I am so grateful for Hermana S.  She has taught me so much, and I can't wait for you all to meet her.  One of her most amazing gifts is how utterly humble she is.  Humble like the apostles.  The humble confidence where she understands that this work is NOT about us at all, but this work is ALL about CHRIST and saving our brothers and sisters.  It was easy this week for me to start to feel discouraged with the President telling me I can stay forever in Calvario (I'd told him I'd love to stay more)--and I understand why and I can smile, but it's hard to think about leaving and I also was starting to  dawdle in the selfish mire of discouragement because we don't have any baptisms in sight.  But Hermana S, bless her forever and ever, has reminded and taught me that this work is not ours, and success is NOT measured just by numbers.  I am so grateful for her.  I am so grateful.  

President Bautista did tell me he wants me to start thinking about training.  That meant the world to me.  It won't be this next transfer, but maybe after that.  

We did have miracles this week.  We found a mother and daughter, both Maria, that love the Book of Mormon.  And a nice man Arturo actually asked us what times our meetings are.  We've been singing more hymns to contact and people love them.  

Sandra told us that when she first met us, her baby lept in her womb and she felt joy.  Reminded me of John the Baptist and Elizabeth.  An incredibly tender experience and now I'm trying to think of a contacting method with other women who are obviously expectant.  :)  :)  :)

Faustino didn't get work off, but we're still working with them.  The member family who has befriended them have been above and beyond angels.  I testify that your power and influence as members of Christ's true church to befriend, love, uplift, and inspire your brothers and sisters is incalculable.  And with your courageous encouragement and testimony, they receive strength and desires to endure and fulfill commitments.  Please do all you can to be disciples of Christ at all times in all places, and NEVER be afraid to open your mouths and testify of Him.

Funny story:  We had called Evaline to ask her something, and she told us they'd moved houses.  Five minutes later we were near their house and she and her mom came out.  Evaline saw us and acutally ducked down behind a car to hide from us, and her mom waved like It's good to see you!  We looked at each other, laughing, and then went to go talk to them, and Evaline tried to dignitly walk out from behind the car.  We've been laughing for three days.  :)  

I love you all so much!  I testify our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ LIVES!  He knows and loves us!  He blesses us with opportunities to learn and grow, and when we recognize our weaknesses and repent, He helps us change.  This work to save our brothers and sisters is the most exhaustive work I've ever had.  But I have never felt so much love.  And the sweet moments push the hard times away.  This work is important.  It is Crucial.  And when we give our all, Christ gives us what we need to do it in His way.  He is the Savior.  

I love you!  Siga adelante in your life missions and journey!  This time is so short with eternal consequences and blessings, and we have got to give our all now!  I LOVE YOU TONS!!!  

Hermana Ivy [-]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)