Monday, August 27, 2012

Hola de Hermana, 27/8/12


Hola mi familia asombrosa!  :)


Some crazy fotos this week.  First from last week, I messed up. Obispo Garcia was on the end, not Benjamin.  This week, George the frog listened to his friends and went and got drunk.  This is the consequence he didn't choose.  :) And, us squished in Hna Denia's roomn with all the kids, and after we had fun playing with sunglasses.  Yeah, I have a crazy comp.  :)  

This morning I had an interesting experience.  Little, but I learned from it.  Every Monday we clean the apartment, and I used a mop with clorox after sweeping.  Five minutes later I saw Hna V mopping but with a towel draped around the end of a broom soaked in laundry detergent (another standard practice here).  I told her I'd mopped, and when she asked with what and learned it had been with the mop, she said it didn't clean very well and finished mopping.  Well I was a little miffed and puffed up and went to the kitchen.  I took my water bottle that I noticed she had cleaned and started cleaning it with cloro.  When she saw me cleaning it she said she cleaned it, and I thanked her and kept cleaning it. When I realized the irony of what I was doing and had just been thinking, I laughed.  How many times, every day, do I have to work to think about what I am doing and how I can be better, and quit worrying about others!  Good grief, if ANY OF YOU reading this have thought about going on a mission, and aren't sure, GO!  It will bless your life!  You will learn more life lessons along with the Gospel than you will have ever thought possible, and you will be saving lives. And maybe can prevent more frog deaths too.  jaja

Other moments during the week:  Walking past 10yrold Maynor's room and seeing him laying on his stomach on the bed reading the Book of Mormon, having a water fight with his younger sister, trying to contact Hna D's friend Lusi (Lucy) by yelling in the street up into the window we thought was the window of the hotel kitchen where she works "Disculpe!  Aqui trabaja Hermana Lusi?"and a moment later her poking her head up so we could see her, and listening to Hna V and Hna D talking and talking and talking so fast and then asking them, "Que relacion tiene la comida con el parasito que pica aqui?" and them both collapsing in laughter.  

We're working.  It's amazing how once we get out of the house and work we both feel the Spirit more.  Please pray we'll be able to find and teach and baptize men and families, and that we'll be able to prepare the partial family of Luva and Gilberto for their marriage and her baptism Sept 8.  

I LOVE YOU!  There isn't much time left and I'm grateful for what I learned.  I hope and pray I can learn quicker so that I can apply and be better.  I testify Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior.  He knows and loves us.  He wants us to be happy.  And we can be happy as we repent, come to Him, and make and keep sacred promises such as true baptism and renew those promises through partaking of the sacrament.  

LOVE YOU TONS!!!

Hermana Ivy [-]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)