Monday, August 13, 2012

Hola de Hermana, 13-8-12


Hola mi familia asombrosa!!!  



Three fotos this week!  The first was when we helped with the primary fundraiser to go to the temple, the second was when we made Honduran valeadas tortilla things with amazing Hermana D, and finally, MY FIRST FRESH COCONUT!  I have NEVER liked coconut until this past Martes.  Edwin cracked hacked off the big outer shell with his machete, skinned the coconut, and put a little hole in top so I could drink the coconut milk through a straw and it tasted so GOOD!  And the coconut fruit was saturated with juice and yummy!!!  So yeah, I love coconuts here when they´re fresh.  

Other randomness, I´ve told you about the pacas, mini cloth stores.  Well we visited a Megapaca, and in the random stuff section there was A FRAMED PHOTO OF THE SAN FRANCISCO TEMPLE!  And other stuff had Deseret Industry price tags!!! So I´m convinced if you google Megapaca it will say its a chain of stores that buys stuff from the LDS church.  Who knows, maybe I´ll find some of the random junk I donated down here and can bring it back to Utah...  jaja

Funny story.  Friday we offered to help a less active member do housework, and her mother, an investigator, said, in EXACTLY the same tone as Mrs. Bennet telling Jane that ¨¨Öh you must take the horse because it will rain and you will have to stay the night, ¨Oh how lovely!  Of course after they help you you must attend church Sunday and I´ll come with you!  Yeah, neither came.  But I can´t stop cracking up.  It was the EXACT SAME VOICE as Mrs. Bennet!  Here in HueHue!!!

We had ups and downs this week.  So grateful to learn from Bishop Garcia that real leaders lead with love.  And ANY sort of correction is to be given in the Spirit of love.  I am learning and learning and learning how to not think of myself, but try to really think what OTHERS are thinking and feeling.  I am so grateful to be learning this now.  And pray and pray and pray I can change so that I can truly help those around me.  This is such amazing eternal life preparation!

And the other day a lady passed us and we heard a miserable cat complaining.  Turns out she had the little critter in a tied up gunny sack.  She passed us three different times and the little things was still complaining.  And there was a dead chicken randomly on the side of the road.  And electricity and water will randomly go off in sectors of the city during the middle of the day to conserve.  This place is so random.  I love it here.  

I can´t think of more random details.  

Entonces, please pray that we´ll be able to do our part to prepare MaryLu and Jelder for their baptism this Saturday, that they will do their part, so that we can have this baptismal service.  Please pray we´ll be able to better our teaching ablilities and be able to find potential priesthood holders and families to teach!  We love you!  I love you!  And I testify our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ LIVES!  He knows and loves us!  And with His infinite loving help we can change ALL of our weaknesses into strengths!  

LOVE YOU TONS!

Hermana Ivy [-]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)