Monday, February 20, 2012

Hola de Hermana, 20/2/12


Hola mi familia!!!

We are so happy!  Sunday I learned I would stay here in my area.  Tuesday I met my new comp Hma M, who is from Alaska and majored in physics from BYU.  She is awesome, has three more months than me here in the field, and has tons of great ideas we are striving to put in practice.  Such as heart attacking the door of Luisa on Valentine's Day, and Luisa loved it.  We are striving to get different results through cosas diferentes, and I LOVE it.  

The first foto is when we were en route to the bus terminal Tuesday morning for cambios.  We rode in the back of an ancient beat up pickup truck and I LOVED feeling a bit like I was back at the ranch.  Its super common for people to ride in the backs of trucks here.  The second foto is the heart attack with chocolates.  And the third foto is when we helped at a primary activity on Friday making cookies.  Instead of mixing the dough in bowls they dump all the ingredients on tables and mix it all by hand.  Way fun, but next time we'll find a way to be more productive.  We only had one child of a less active family come.  

This week I grabbed a jar of cumin instead of cinnamon and put a couple shakes in my oatmeal before I realized my mistake.  Turns out with cinnamon, honey and banana it was TOTALLY AWESOME.  The cumin added an extra special kick.  I LOVE COSAS DIFERENTES.  Okay, just thought of something you can send for my birthday.  If you think a jar of our honey wouldn't explode, that would be awesome.  But if there is any danger in sending honey, please don’t.  

We loved receiving priesthood blessings from Bishop Paz last night.  It was an idea recommended by Pres Falabella, and it was a wonderful experience.  Recommend this for future missionaries.

We taught the Restoration to Sergio this week, and emphasized the direct priesthood lineage from Christ to his apostles, and from them to Joseph Smith.  At the end of the lesson I received the thought to explain to Sergio that all worthy men in the church can receive the same priesthood power, and that they are able to use the priesthood to give blessings, including blessings of health.  I explained Hermano P, a member in the lesson with us, had the priesthood, and could give him a blessing if he would like.  He did, and he received the blessing, and I thought how cool and inspired that was, to demonstrate during the lesson one way the restored gospel of Jesus Christ could directly bless his life and his family.  Another cosa diferente que voy a aplicar in lecciones futuros.

I love you all!  I testify Jesus Christ LIVES!  He loves us!  And we can and should be happy now and forever through the gift of His Atonement for us.   In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.  

LES QUIERO MUCHAS!

Hermana Ivy [-]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)