Monday, March 12, 2012

Hola de Hermana, 12/3/12


Hola mi familia!!!  

Gracias por los wishes de cumpleanos!  :) :)  :)  

It's also time to plant seeds!  Tomatoes and peppers 6-8 weeks before planting, all the melons 4-6 weeks before.  While the weather here is a little warmer, and I've even spotted DANDELIONS, I can totally picture Utah spring and those cute baby calfies...  

Great news this week from our president: we are going to be able to go to the temple one time before the end of our mission! I'm excited!  The photos I've attached were taken by a member family in our ward.  The temple is gorgeous.  :)

Tuesday night devotional was funny and good.  A menos activo named Edgar showed up dressed in his best church clothes and drunk.  He has the most incredible radio or opera voice I've ever heard in my life.  And he didn't remember or act on his desires to put his life in order by coming to church yesterday...  We've decided it might be more effective to just put up a sign with our Sunday meeting times instead of hoping for people to show up...  But Lui and a friend of his came and that was good.

A personal growth realization this week.  In Dec Hma S and I taught an abuelo named Carlos, and I could hardly understand a thing he said.  This week Hma M and I went and sang some hymns for him, and I understood nearly EVERYTHING he said!  It was so cool!

So grateful to be learning from RMs in the barrio.  After a lesson, Maco told us how in Honduras on his mission they not only contacted 15 people in the streets every day but EXTENDED THE BAPTISMAL INVITATION to those same people!  He looked around, saw a lady on the other side of the street, and said, "Go contact her now!"  And Hma M started to go and nearly got hit  by a car.  "Pero hay carros!"  His reply, "Pero hay una alma!"  Hma M, "Pero soy una alma tambien!" And we went and Hma M started talking with her.  I LOVED how she asked her, Nilsa, what she knew about the gospel of Jesus Christ and showed her a photo of John baptizing Christ, and she extended the baptismal invite, and Nilsa accepted on the condition when she knows our message is true!  SO COOL!  Hma M and I were just tickled pink, and this is something we're going to keep striving to do.

I love you all so much!  I testify Jesus Christ lives and loves us!  He lived his life as the perfect example for us, and has asked and commanded us to Follow Him.  Through Him we can live with Him and our families for eternity, and BECOME LIKE HIM TOO!  In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

LOVE YOU ALL TONS!

--Hermana Ivy [-], grateful for amazing people and examples and you.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)