Monday, December 12, 2011

Hola from Hermana, 12/12/11


Hola mi familia!

I love you so much!  I'm so sorry not to write more in email--it takes so much time to copy and paste and write the President.  I've mailed at least two letters to you, maybe three.  So you should be getting some mail. 

I don't know what to write, except that this week was really hard.  REally hard.  I was more homesick then I've ever been, and I wanted your hugs and to talk with you.  But there were always tender mercies to help me.  Yet please pray for me, that I can receive understanding for how to share my testimony and also how to teach it.  That has been, perhaps more than anything, what is most difficult. 

The temple dedications were beautiful.  We attended all three sessions, and the Spirit of the Lord was strong and sweet.  Elder Anderson accompanied President Uchtdorf, and I loved hearing them.  Elder Andersen spoke in Espanol, and while he knew more vocab and grammer, his accent wasn't any better than mine.  :)  hehe  :)  And Pres Uchtdorf, bless him, struggled speaking with an interpreter.  He wanted so much to speak and declare that often he started speaking again before the interpreter had finished, which didn't do much good because most Guatemalans do not speak NEARLY as loud as Pres Uchtdorf.  :) 


Jesus Christ LIVES!  He is our Redeemer and our Savior!  Because of Him we can have happiness here in this life and forever!  And I know each of you fought a war in the premortal life and succeeded, and you can succeed now as you do the work of the Lord and bless His children!  In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

I invite you to pray for inspiration how you can invite others to come unto Him this Christmas season.  :)

I LOVE YOU TONS!!!

--Hermana Ivy [-]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)