Thursday, September 29, 2011

Sept. 29, 2011 – Provo MTC


Hola mi familia!   :)

I am so happy!  I'm spontaneously whistling Christmas songs in the bathroom, able to laugh at myself while I'm learning, and am so grateful for mis companeras.  The funnest whoopsie this week was while I was trying to pronounce "autoridad", and while trying to make the "au" sound, made a [semi quiet] Hermione/werewolf-esque "AaaahhhhhoooOOOOOO!" in our classroom....   I busted out laughing with mis companeras, and eventually went into silent laugh mode incapacitated on my desk...  yeah, Espagnol is fun.  :)  And my district (four companionships in our district, four districts in our zone) said they had never heard me that much before.  :)  I'm getting closer at pronouncing my "r"s right too!  :)

I'm also learning how to play volleyball!  We have 50ish minutes of gym time every day, and mis companeras took a whole gym period to teach me how to bump, set, and spike.  I'm so grateful!  Now at least I cognitively know what to do when the ball comes at me, even if I still have to conquer that strong urge to duck...  :)  But yesterday was a milestone: I SPIKED MY FIRST BALL!  :)

I'm learning and relearning the importance of having faith and not letting myself be discouraged.  A speaker this week said MAYBE we could have permission to let ourselves be discouraged five minutes a week, but we had to do so in the bathroom where we couldn't pull anyone else down.  I testify that as we center ourselves on Christ faith replaces fear.

One of our Zone leaders bore his testimony and I was touched by what he shared.  He said that in the New Testament, a lad gave his tiny bit of food, two barley loaves and seven small fishes, to the Savior who took it, blessed it, and made it enough to feed thousands.  He testified that the Savior can take what small amount we give Him, bless it, and make it enough to bless thousands.

Yesterday I was touched by 3 Nephi 27: 13 "Behold I have given unto you my gospel, and this is the gospel which I have given unto you--that I came into the world to do the will of my Father, because my Father sent me."  (emphasis added)

I was reminded of the Savior's words in the Garden of Gethsemane, "Not my will but Thine be done."  When I have tasks appointed to me that I don't want to do, it should and can be enough to do it just knowing that "My Heavenly Father wants me to do this.  He will prepare a way for me to do so." 

I love you LOTS!  Via con Dios!

--Hermana Ivy [-]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)