Monday, November 26, 2012

Hola de Hermana, 26-11-12


Hola mi familia asombrosa!

Thanksgiving was fun!  The two zones in Huehue were invited to a members house, the owner of the restaurant Zumbas, Luis, where he made a delicious Thanksgiving lunch.  First time in the mission I´ve eaten mashed potatoes and gravy, a green bean casserole, turkey, pumpkin pie (!) and the most delicious chocolate cake I have ever eaten in my life.  He had even substituted a vegetable for sweet potatoes in a marshmellow topped casserole, and it tasted good!  (though I´m still excited to eat sweet potatoes when I get home).  All the missionaries here in HueHue are crying that Luis has plans to move to Arizona in January.  I´m just grateful he isn´t going until after Christmas!

For my 14 month mark I was in interdivisions with Hna N, the ¨zone leader¨ for the hermanas in the mission.  I was grateful to learn from her, especially what she has done in prior companionships.  



Saturday morning we gave service as a district, and for the first time in my mission I was able to help reconstruct a clay oven!!!  I´ve wanted to build a clay oven ever since I learned about it from HELP International.  It was a blast, and I’m convinced that the black clay from the fish pond will make the best one ever.  we´re going to have incredible fire baked pizza when I get home!!!  It also felt so good to physically WORK, and it made me trunky, ¨baggy¨ here in the mission, for the garden.  


I don’t know why, but yesterday morning it hit me that Molly used to wake me up in the morning with her wet nose puppy kisses.  I had completely forgotten!  I look forward to those too!

While this week was low in dats, we received a miracle Saturday night.  We had passed by a house, and 14 year old Edy announced he is going to be baptized!  He is the cousin of our convert Jelder, and has been coming to church for three months.  When I asked him how he decided, he told us he wanted to stop doing what is bad and do what is right.  I felt the Spirit.  When we asked when he wanted it, he told us Monday night!  So tonight we have a baptism!  The bishop announced it as part of a Ward Family Night.  

We are so grateful.

I testify we are children of a Heavenly Father.  He knows and loves us!  I love you too!  

Hermana Ivy [-]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! :) Please comment on my blog. :) Remember this blog is my online home, and as such, please treat me and my guests with respect.

Any visitors who are noncompliant with this request will be thrown into the compost heap... ;)